How to get notifications about each document printed.
O&K Print Watch is a printing control and printer monitoring solution that can keep track of each print job on your printers. In addition to the analysis of usage statistics for all printing devices, you can configure instant notifications about each newly executed print job. This way, if you need to find a specific document, you won’t have to check the entire print queue on the printer. Just configure e-mail notifications, and you will be automatically notified about all documents in the print queue that meet your criteria.
Configure e-mail notifications via the O&K Print Watch web server:
- Open the following link in your web browser: http://PRINT_SERVER_NAME:8989 (8989 is the port used by default; change it if you have specified a different port in the O&K Print Watch settings.)
- Click “Login” in the upper-right corner of the home page, and log in as a local or domain administrator of the server.
- Follow this link: Settings -> E-mail reports.
- In the “E-mail” field, enter the e-mail address of the recipient of notifications.
- In the “Report URL” field, enter the type of report. In this case, you want to receive notifications about documents printed, so enter /job.
- To be notified each time a document is printed, enter Job in the “Period” field.
- Click “Add” — that’s all! Now each time a print job is executed, you will get a notification.
The notification that you have just created will be triggered by each executed print job. To define more specific selection criteria, you need to add one or more document parameters to the Report URL: /job?param1=X¶m2=Y. You can use the following document parameters:
- printer_id=N – Notify about the usage of a specific printer.
- user_id=N – Notify about a specific user.
- group_id=N – Notify about a specific user group.
- docname=SomeText – Notify about printing a document whose name contains a specific text string.
- minpages/maxpages – Notify about printing a document that contains a specific number of pages: between minpages and maxpages.
- mincost/maxcost – Notify about printing a document whose printing cost is between mincost and maxcost.
- color=N – Notify about monochrome printing (N = 1) or color printing (N = 2).
- max_count – Number of documents per notification. By default, each notification contains information about the last 20 print jobs. If you want the notification to be about the last printed document only, use the following parameter: enter max_count=1 (one document).
- raw_xml=1 – Use this parameter if you prefer notifications in the XML format (by default, the HTML format is used).
- Any print jobs that count 10 or more pages: /job?minpages=10.
- Any documents printed in color: /job?color=2.
- Any color documents printed by a specific user on a specific printer: /job?color=2&user_id=123&printer_id=321.