O&K Print Watch – Quick Start
This section will help you start using O&K Print Watch.
Follow these simple steps:
- 1Log on with administrator rights.
- 2Launch O&K Print Watch. IMPORTANT: You can password-protect the launch of the program. To do that, select Tools → Password in the menu. Next time you launch the program, you’ll be prompted to enter a password.
- 3Select File → Connect to in the menu. Select the name of your print server (for example, MY-SERVER) in the dialog window, or click the Browse button to search for the server in your network neighborhood. Now, if you add a print server, the icon in the tree on the left side of the O&K Print Watch Control Program window will be indicating its status. A grey icon means that the print server is not accessible, or that O&K Print Watch Service is either not installed or not running on the server. If this is the case, an error message will be displayed.
- 4Select Printer → Add in the menu. A window will open showing all printers installed LOCALLY on the selected print server.
- 5Checkmark the printers that you want to audit and control. After that, statistics will be saved for them. In the trial version of O&K Print Watch, all printers installed locally on the print server will be automatically added to the print monitor.
Printers for which no printing statistics is collected will be displayed in gray in the tree on the left side of the program window. To enable print monitoring for such a printer, right-click it and select Enabled in the context menu.
To stop collecting statistics for a printer, select it in the tree (on the left), and uncheck the Enabled check box in the right-click menu.
IMPORTANT: For a printer that has its own network interface, the printing statistics will not include any print jobs sent to the printer from any computers that do not run O&K Print Watch Service if the printer is installed as a local one (Microsoft® TCP/IP Printing, LPR port).
IMPORTANT: For correct counting of pages and copies printed, saving of document images, and applying of quotas and limits, you must install such a printer as a local one on the computer where O&K Print Watch is installed. Then specify the printer’s port as an MS Standard TCP\IP port and the printer’s IP address, or the JetDirect of the network print server. Each user must connect to that printer via the \\ServerName\PrinterName print server.