O&K Print Watch hangs on startup
If the O&K Print Watch Control Program hangs on startup or does not display the printer's print history, you should check the status from the database connection.
This can be done using the WEB-interface http://print-server-name:8989, menu "Settings" - "Database".
If the connection is established, the status will indicate OK and show general information about the database.
If the status shows a connection error, you should check the database connection parameters:
- Make sure that the pw.db file exists in the installation directory.
- It's not a size zero..
- It is not opened in exclusive mode in a third-party program.
MS SQL Server and PostgreSQL:
- Make sure that the database server is up and available.
- The PRNWATCH database exists and is not empty.
- The prnwatch database user also exists and has access to it.
If there is no connection to the database, try reinstalling O&K Print Watch on the print server.
By default, you will be prompted to use the existing database connection settings.
Instead, you must explicitly specify the type of database used.
If the connection to the database could not be restored, please contact technical support. They will definitely help you.
See also:Using PostgreSQL as a database server in O&K Print Watch.