O&K Print Watch – Printing Actions
You can set up printing actions for any printing object (print server, printer, user, or user group). These actions are rules for processing a document sent to printing; the document may belong to a printer, user, or user group. To view or edit printing actions, use the context menu of a printer, user, or user group object in the tree on the left side of the program window (right-click the object in the tree). Select Properties in the right-click menu, and switch to the Actions tab.
- Canceled — The print job will be canceled. Any object for which this option is turned ON won’t be able to print any documents at all.
- Paused — The document will be put in a print queue, and its printing will be paused.
- PIN-Code (*) — The document will be put in a print queue, and the user will be prompted to enter a PIN-code to continue printing the document.
- Redirected to account (*) — The document will be put in a print queue, and the user will be prompted to specify an account for the print job.
* Authentication Client must be used.
The printing actions hierarchy for objects is as follows: User → User Group → Printer.
How does it work?When a user starts printing a document, O&K Print Watch will check the printing rules defined for that user, then the rules for the group the user belongs to, and finally the rules for the printer the print job was sent to.
If no printing actions are defined for these objects, the document will be printed.
No printing actions are defined for the user oleg who belongs to the user group Paused Users. For that group, printing is paused (the printing action is Paused), so the print job will be paused.*
The user oleg is allowed to print documents (the printing action is Printed) but belongs to the user group Paused Users. For that group, printing is paused (the printing action is Paused). In this case, the rule defined for an individual user has a higher priority, so the document will be printed.*
* Unless a printing quota set for oleg or Paused Users has been exceeded.
Restriction for specific users.
For the printer and/or print server, the print action can be set only for specific users/groups of users.
Можно выбрать два режима действия:
- Only for users on the list - action is triggered only if the specified user or all users of the specified group are printed.
- Except for users on the list - action is triggered for any users other than those specified in the list.
If no user is specified, the action applies to anyone who prints on this device.
A print action has been created for the printer - Delete documents and save the contents sent to the printer.
In the properties of the action, a user oleg has been added.
When printing any document on this printer by the user oleg, printing will be rejected and a PDF copy of the document sent for printing will be created.
Any other user can print on this device without restriction.