O&K Print Watch – Web Server
O&K Print Watch Service has a built-in HTTP server, so that you can view printing statistics in any web browser.
Example: O&K Print Watch Web Server
By default, you can access the HTTP server via the port 8989. For example, if O&K Print Watch Service is running on the OFFICE_SERVER print server, enter the address http://OFFICE_SERVER:8989 in your web browser.
You can deny launching the HTTP server or changing its port.
- Select and right-click a print server in the tree on the left side of the Control Program window.
- Select Web Server in the context menu.
You can limit access to your O&K Print Watch Web Server, so that only users belonging to a specific user group can view statistics via a web browser. Do the following:
- 1Create a user group locally on a print server or in Active Directory.
- 2Include users allowed to access the O&K Print Watch Web Server in that group.
- 3In the Control Program, select Web Server in the right-click menu of the print server.
- 4Turn ON the Http Required Authorization option.
- 5In the Http Access Group Name field, enter the name of the user group created at Step 1.
- 6Now, if anyone tries to access your O&K Print Watch Web Server, only a user belonging to that user group will be allowed to view statistics.
IMPORTANT: For checking access privileges, O&K Print Watch Web Server uses NTLM authentication. So use a browser that support NTLM authentication, such as Microsoft Internet Explorer.