O&K Print Watch – Database
O&K Print Watch can use MS SQL Server or Oracle as a database server. The installation package can automatically install MS SQL Server 2012 LocalDB or MS SQL Server 2008 R2 Express Edition. You cannot install this component if MS SQL Server or Oracle is already used in your network.
IMPORTANT: MS SQL Server 2008 R2 Express Edition and MS SQL Server 2012 LocalDB set a limit on database size: 10 GB. If you need to keep a larger volume of statistics, either use a full-fledged MS SQL Server or turn ON the automatic removal of old records from the database.
To view database connection parameters, select Tools → Database in the menu. A connection string looks like that:
"Provider=SQLOLEDB;User ID=prnwatch;Data Source=PRNSRV\PRNWATCH;Password=123456;Initial Catalog=PRNWATCH"
- Provider — The name of the provider for accessing the database server.
- User ID — The name of the database user, which will be used by O&K Print Watch to connect to the SQL server.
- Password — The password of the user, which will be used for accessing the SQL server.
- Initial Catalog — The name of O&K Print Watch’s database on the SQL server.
- Data Source — The name of the SQL server and, if necessary, the name of the SQL Server instance.